How to test mods?
From Academia: School Simulator
- You should have a mod folder that is ready for testing.
- Run Academia: School Simulator game.
- On the title screen, click Mods. This will open the Mods panel.
- Click on Develop tab. This is where you can edit your mods' information. You can also subscribe to the mod, and upload or update the mod on Steam Workshop.
- Specify the full path of your root folder in Mod Development Folder.
- Click Load. This will list the subfolders of the root folder on the left side. Each one is considered as a separate mod.
- Click on the mod that you wish to test, then click Subscribe. Click OK on the confirmation. The game is now subscribed to your mod.
- Click on Subscribed tab. This panel lists all the mods that you're subscribed to. You should see your mod with "(Local)" appended to it.
- Tick the mods that you want to test.
- Now click Apply. The game will ask you to restart the game. Click Yes.
- When the game restarts, you should see something like this:
- Click Continue. Your mod is now installed. Play the game normally and see if your mod was applied.
- If you want your mod uninstalled, open Subscribed Items panel and click on the check icon to turn it to X. Then click Apply. Proceed to restart the game. Alternatively, you can also unsubscribe to your mod by clicking the Unsubscribe button.
- When you load your root folder for the first time, a file named ModData.json will be generated under each mod folder. Do not lose this file. This file contains the data of the mod.